We composed a list of all national veterinary technician associations you can find in the United States of America. We will talk more about the national body for veterinary technicians in the country known as the National Association of Veterinary Technicians in America (NAVTA).
List of National Veterinary Technician Associations in the USA
- National Association of Veterinary Technicians in America
- Veterinary Technicians and Assistants Association of Pennsylvania
- Academy of Veterinary Dental Technicians
- New York State Association of Veterinary Technicians
- Academy of Veterinary Technician Anesthetists
- Colorado Association of Certified Veterinary Technicians
- American Society of Veterinary Dental Technicians
- Association of Zoo Veterinary Technicians
- Florida Veterinary Technician Association
- Association of Veterinary Technician Educators
- Ohio Association of Veterinary Technicians
- Academy of Veterinary Emergency & Critical Care Technicians
Everything You Need to Know About the National Association of Veterinary Technicians in America (NAVTA)
The National Association of Veterinary Technicians in America (NAVTA) was established in East Lansing in 1981 and it’s a non-profit association. NAVTA promotes and represents the veterinary technician profession. It is entirely devoted to improving and developing technology in the profession. Hence, it promotes the profession among the public and the industry through promotion, advocacy, and education. The association is committed to the advancement, education, and career growth of its members.
Its main goal is to provide a chance to all veterinary technicians to participate in national issues regarding the veterinary profession. NAVTA’s first corporate sponsor was Hill’s Pet Nutrition.
After many years of working, NAVTA has gone through much and seen many successes. Thus, the association was part of the creation of the Committee on Veterinary Technician Specialties, declaration of National Veterinary Technician Week, and the development of a scholarship program.
The mission of NAVTA is to adopt high standards of veterinary care, promote and highlights the veterinary health care team, and influence the future of its members.
Everyone who is in the veterinary industry can join NAVTA. So, if you are a credentialed veterinary technician, educator, veterinarian, student, or veterinary assistants, you can be part of the association and enjoy plenty of great benefits. Some of the major benefits the NAVTA members enjoy include discounts for hotels and car rentals, getting The NAVTA Journal and NAVTA e-newsletter, access to the NAVTA Yahoo! Groups, 20% membership discount, and savings on different kinds of insurance.